Thanks for joining me on this journey!
I’ve been using Salesforce for about a year now, and still learning the ins and outs of it. Its strengths are in its reporting, analytics, and the fact that all the data is in the cloud. No hassle, no worries about losing the data on your hard drive, and all on the cloud. Not up in the sky, but in the imaginary yet very real world of networks and the internet.
I started this blog because I learn best when I ‘teach’, or when I write. Writing things out helps me to solidify my knowledge, and I’m still a relative newbie to this world. I hope that my learning path (or trail I should say) is helpful for others too.
Here are some of the strengths of Salesforce in general and why I think it’s great for CRM and a host of other things (this list will definitely grow, kind of like my list of qualities I look for in a man!).
- Ability to store all your data on the cloud
- Can be used for a variety of purposes – not just Sales. Customer Service, Marketing, Process automation, Financial forecasting, etc.
- Streamlined sales process – very easy to manage the sales process for an individual or across a team
- Highly customizable for your specific needs
- Is linked to an entire community! There are millions of users that use salesforce, bloggers, conferences, etc.
- Dreamforce! – if you ever make it there
- Free training! – Trailhead is an amazing tool that allows you to
Inspiration – Kevin
Salesforce User Group
Behind the Cloud – Marc Benioff’s memoir
World Tour Conference
Pro bono work,
Good company in a journey makes the way seem shorter. — Izaak Walton